Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Grammy Nominee Diane Warren Talks About "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me"

Diane Warren with her 'Best Original Song' Golden Globe Award for 'You Haven't Seen the Last of Me' by Cher from 'Burlesque'Songwriting legend Diane Warren is nominated twice for 'Best Song Written For Visual Media' at this year's Grammy Awards. One of the awards is for Cher's "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" from "Burlesque". The songwriter has been speaking to 'MTV News' about the song.

When 'MTV News' asked Diane Warren, "How did you end up with a song in 'Burlesque'? ", the songwriter replied, "It's a good story". And she was telling the truth!

Warren, who is one of Cher's favorite songwriters and was the writer of her 1989 mega-hit "If I Could Turn Back Time", told the news site, "The director hated the song, Steve Antin just didn't want anything to do with it. He sent back emails, 'I don't want that song, it's not right'. I ran into Cher's best friend Laurie Rodkin at a restaurant and me being me I had my iPod on me I said, 'I wrote a great song for Cher', she listened to it and loved it and asked for a CD. 'I'll be seeing Cher in Vegas', she told me, and you never know how those things go so I didn't expect anything to come from it."

She continued, "Weeks later I get an email from Lindsay Scott, her music manager. I found out Laurie had played the song for Cher, Cher heard it when she was getting ready for a show with a hair dryer on her head, she heard it through the hair dryer and said, 'I want to do that song.' She had to fight for it. After they filmed it, the director still wanted to take the scene out - the one song she had by the way."

"You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" by Cher and "Born To Be Somebody" by Justin Bieber are the two songs written by Diane Warren that have earned her two Grammy Award nominations for "Best Song Written For Visual Media" at the 2012 Grammy Awards.

6 comments:

  1. That song is superb & I have never understood why Cher didn't have more songs in that movie. Chrisina is great, but don't forget Cher is a legend.
    Anyone coming from watching Cher in a Las Vegas concert to watch Burlesque could only think of how much they were missing by their failure to tap into Cher's raw talent.
    Congratulations Diane Warren--You write beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooove You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher is Cher. Nearly every thing she does is amazing and anything she doesn't do is a loss for. Who ever asked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She should win!! cher should win a gremmy too... they hand them out to no bodies and give tooooooo many to one artist... no one is in Cher's age range up there STILL doin' It! I say foul to all those who didn't vote for her! SAD! When women turn on women. And enough with the youth... being applauded for doin very little. Most cant even sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT is amazing how Antin did not use Chers talent with reapect.Cher is the heart of Burlesque. ANTIN really missed the boat with his acreenplay.Musical numbers were good..Cher Iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that Cher should've had more songs in the film. The total truth is that I watched that film just to see Cher, and although I've enjoyed somne of Christina's past work, I found her perfomances grew a little tiresome because there were just too many.

    I don't have much respect for the Grammy Awards. The fact that Cher has only ever won one award in her lifetime is one of the reasons why.

    ReplyDelete